At Jamie Kennedy Kitchens, we are proud members and supporters of Feast ON, a program created and maintained by the Ontario Culinary Tourism Alliance.
What is Feast ON?
For locals and travellers alike, Feast ON is a criteria-based program that recognizes businesses committed to showcasing Ontario’s unique tastes of place.
The Feast ON Manifesto:
- To procure Ontario food and drink whenever possible.
- To track and trace Ontario food and drink purchases as close to the point of origin as possible.
- To identify the provenance of Ontario food and drink on the menu.
- To develop Ontario’s culinary identity by celebrating regional tastes and championing local, seasonal ingredients.
- To educate the public about Ontario food and drink and to bring further awareness to its strong agricultural sectors.
Supporting our local economy and Ontario’s hard-working farmers and artisans is important, especially for foodservice. It builds our local food identity, it puts dollars back into our communities and it limits our environmental impact. A Feast On designation lets people know that by choosing a Feast On restaurant, they’re supporting our food system too. Last year, Feast On restaurants bought more than $14,000,000 worth of Ontario food & beverage.
Learn more by visiting the Feast ON website.